DIY Tap Shoes 2021-DIY Yourslef Tap Dance Shoes
DIY Shoe Tools:
DIY tap shoes
As a tap dance enthusiast, you must want to customize a pair of perfect tap shoes for yourself. Many shoes on the market are made of PU, cowhide, or other imitation leather dance shoes. So how do you customize a pair of your own unique tap shoes?
First of all, choose a suitable pair of tap shoes. A pair of suitable shoes can start with the material of the tap shoes. Generally, leather materials are used for tap dance, and leather materials are classified by leather.
According to its type, the common leathers are mainly pigskin, cowhide, sheepskin and so on. Cowhide is divided into yellow cowhide and buffalo cowhide; sheep skin is divided into goat skin and sheep skin. According to its level, it is divided into the first layer, the second layer and the third layer.
Identification of the types and quality of skins (there are many types of skins now, only the commonly used skins are introduced here)
1. Pig smooth surfaceOrdinary pig smooth surface is processed by different tanning processes on the surface of pig skin. First, paste is applied to the surface of the skin and then colored. The surface of ordinary pig smooth surface is shiny and the pores are arranged regularly. Generally, three pores are one. The group is triangular in shape, and the quality of pig smooth noodles varies according to different regions and different tanning techniques. I will not elaborate here. The better quality pig smooth noodles are finer and soft. Due to the continuous improvement of leather technology, pig smooth noodles can now be processed into many different varieties of skins.
The distressed effect, the distressed effect is mainly lack of luster, and some distressed leather can also have some dark patterns.
2. Pig head layer suede leatherOrdinary suede leather is processed on the opposite side of the skin. The surface of suede leather has short, thin piles and a layer of mercerizing with a particularly strong sense of direction. Sometimes a few pores can be seen.
3. Pig two-layer suede leatherThe pig two-layer suede is essentially different from the first layer suede. Its suede is slightly thicker than the first layer suede, and the triangular pores on the pigskin can be seen. The softness and tensile strength are far inferior to the first layer suede, and the opening of the leather is much smaller than that of the first layer. The two-layer suede can also be processed into many different types of modified leather like the first-layer suede. Because the second-layer suede is cheaper and does not show the quality of clothing. So we rarely use this kind of leather in domestic sales.
1. Sheep skinSheep skin is characterized by its lightness and thinness, soft, smooth and delicate touch, small pores, irregularly divided parts, and oblate. Sheep skin is a relatively high-grade raw material for leather in leather apparel.
2. GoatskinThe structure of goat skin is slightly stronger than sheep skin, so the tensile strength is better than sheep skin. Because the skin layer is thicker than sheep skin, it is more wear-resistant than sheep skin. The difference with sheep skin is that goat skin has a rougher grain surface, less smoothness than sheep skin, and a slightly worse hand feel than sheep skin.
Since cowhide can reach a certain thickness and fastness, it is mainly used for leather goods and leather shoes. The characteristics of cowhide are small pores, uniform and tight distribution, plump leather surface, firmer skin than other skins, firm and elastic hand feeling. There are also many varieties of cowhide apparel leather. At present, there are not as many varieties of cowhide processed into different styles as pig skin and sheep skin.
Choose the above materials according to your own economic situation to choose the materials and styles of shoes you need! After finding the shoes of your own DIY tap dancing shoes, make the pedals. You can buy the treads or make them yourself. Friends who have hand-crafted workshops can make concave treads by themselves. In this way, they can have their own uniqueness and even sign their own unique name!
After these steps are completed, you can choose to find a shoemaker to slot your shoes and install the treads!
So you have a pair of perfect tap shoes with your own unique style and material! ! ! !